5.18.2004

i heart pancakes

it has taken 23+ years, but i actually like hip hop music now. i used to never be able to stand it, but i've been brainwashed by my friends and mtv.

being a new member of the hiphop fan club, i don't know everyone and if they are good or not, but there are a couple people i really like.

kayne west and twista are really good. kayne just makes really good music and twista has quick rhymes. he actually beat busta rhymes for fastest rapper. i don't know what kind of quantitative measures they took to determine that, but there you go.

as far as new groups or new albums (or new to me) go, i am a huge fan of wookie foot. these guys are great. i have finally realized the musical genius that is outkast. also just started getting into atmosphere, it's just a ten letter word.

jet, the postal service, white stripes, mars volta, the new alanis, the new incubus, modest mouse, and shamed as i am to admit it, new found glory.

for me, music never really took on an important status in my life until sometime in my senior year of high school. now it's the background to most of my life. we'll sit around and just listen to music. we'll drive around and just listen to music. i love hearing a song and having the memories it is associated with pop up in my head. good times.

and can someone please explain to me why jessica simpson's little sister ashley(?) gets her own ablum and i still don't have my own tv show?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God I love the Postal Service! Do you have Give Up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reger you definetely deserve your own tv show. I would pay good money to watch your show every day it would be awesome. Screw the newlyweds. Well thats my story. You should email mtv, they seem like they'll take anything now.
    -starbuck

    ReplyDelete