12.28.2004

19

this is the first holiday season i have spent away from home.

i've always been able to get back home for christmas and new year's even the years where i was dirt poor and going broke to get back home.

it was a vacation from my worcester life. lots of time with the family. seeing extended family. catching up with high school friends.

christmas was the family holiday and new year's the friends holiday.

this year, i spent christmas eve sleeping because i was just coming off night crew at tj's. christmas was spent at my place with my roommate sim and, during the late night, others. my roomie and i had christmas lunch at denny's.

that was a trip. the whole place was filled with low socio-economic scores. denny's was the cheapest restaurant open. we tried some fast food places, but even mcdonald's honors santa's birthday.

new year's at home for the last couple passings were at al hill's place. out in the sticks of hibbing, we would party til the wee hours of the morning. my best friends from home rocking in the new year probably watch some really weird movie.

new year's this time 'round will be spent probably at my apartment with as many people as me and eb can get. we'll ring in 2005 well. and we'll wish 2004 a fond farewell. it was a good year, at least to me.

1 comment:

  1. 19?
    I'm intrigued.

    Poor Christopher, all alone for the holidays. My kitten isn't company enough? Your blog is severely lacking in gossip. I want to read the juicy stuff.

    Ciao Chico... :)

    ReplyDelete