4.20.2007

metablogging and metathinking and metacrap

i find myself thinking about the "purpose" of my blog. when it started i only wanted to be cool like everyone else. then i got an audience, and i thought, "hey, people are actually going to read your run-on sentences and random, trivial, semi-coherent thoughts." and it put immense pressure on me to post and be witty and rant and rave about things that a) people could relate to b) was semi-funny or c) i could lace with several obscure vulgar metaphors.

then i quit writing.

then i tried again.

but couldn't hold onto that flavor that peppered my earlier writings

like that metaphor?

anyhoo, i think i may be back in frame of mind where i can let loose my thoughts and ramblings on an unsuspecting public. and even if no one reads this, i'm going to write like some is, but i am mainly writing for me.

i'm watching lots of tv again, i am reading magazines and newspapers, i'm watching sportscenter again, jeopardy is in the dvr everyday. i am finally making another attempt on that peak of pop culture/trivia/current events that is my mt. everest. one more sailing of the jerobaom to go after my white whale of a fantastic blog. once more into the breech, dear friends!

my life maybe boring.

in fact, i'm pretty sure i'm rocking a pretty high precentile on the boring scale.

but my thoughts are nothing but.

No comments:

Post a Comment