10.15.2002

advice to the world

sassaman was up this weekend. that means nothing but beer pong and being lazy. TKEe tribal on thursday went well. it was quite the turnout. i'm working this week and not doing much else. went to boston yesterday with carla, bought a sweater. i looke good in red (she said it!). ate some chinese, fell asleep on the commuter rail, all-in-all, a good day. now for the philosophical insight:

from my good friend van wilder:
"you shouldn't take life to seriously. you'll never get out alive"
"if you're always thinking about the future, then you kinda forget about the present"
"worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere"

some people say i don't have much direction in my life, and that's pretty true. i don't really know what i'm doing week to week or day to day. my memory is just a fuzzy haze that doesn't serve me very well. i spend more time on the couch watching TV than i do sleeping. i don't have much contact with my friends from hibbing, i barely keep up with everyone i know here in worcester. i'm probably wasting all my potential by being lazy, but guess what? i'm fine. in fact, i'm super. i'm confident in my emotions and my thoughts. i understand myself and the people around me. i'm quite aware of my faults and shortcomings. i know my strengths and what i can accomplish with them. i may be stupid and fuck a lot of shit up, but i'm only 22. God knows how long i'll be stuck in this mortal (yet quite sexy) vessel. van wilder knows what's up. and so do i

No comments:

Post a Comment