10.09.2002

officially 22 today

so i survived turning 21, i survived y2k, i survived the passing of seinfeld, and i'll probably be around for the end of the simpsons.

the onion usually has some pretty funny horroscopes every week; but today, mine bothered me:

Libra: (Sept. 23—Oct. 23) The only thing that keeps you from realizing your potential is the depressing awareness that it probably wouldn't take much time or effort.

so to the point and scary, that i am quite disturbed by it. it actually made me sit and think about a lot of things. like the fact that becoming a scientist isn't that interesting to me anymore. what is interesting? hard to say. i chose math and physics because they were the easiest thing for me in high school. they are pretty easy for me still, but i guess the passion isn't there anymore. i still have passion for life and people and all the jazz that comes with living, but i don't know about spending my life as a scientist. but i am only 22, and (cross my fingers) i still have a good 60 years left. i'm not worried. at least not today.

so snoop dogg has called it quits for smoking pot. i couldn't find many articles online about it, but he's "only going to refer to 'chronic' when speaking about lower back pain." that cracks me up.

october 9, 1980 9:01PM CST

No comments:

Post a Comment