8.06.2005

engagements and sisters

june 23, 2007
my sister called me last night during a power outage, so this phone call was the highlight of my night even before i found out why she was calling.

She is getting married to this guy she has been dating for the last 4 months.

they have been dating since april, then thursday night he dropped the rock, and now they have a 22 month engagement ahead of them.

she will be moving in with the guy in february. in plymouth, mn.

i didn't expect her to beat me to the punch on getting married, but that's cool. if she is happy and excited about it, then i should only be supportive.

and i am.

cuz i just saw wedding crashers thursday night, and--let me tell you--i have a whole new appreciation for weddings and receptions.

again, vince vaughn has impressed me with how to live my life. swingers, old school, and now wedding crashers, he is the one.

i only hope my sister plays "shout" at the reception.

1 comment:

  1. Is that Katie? I'd assume it's Katie because Jessica's too young just yet, although she probably isn't that young, I'm just old. Anyway, congrats to your sister! That's way exciting!!

    ReplyDelete