7.31.2003

i won't toe your line today, i can't see it anyway

onto my latest cahrazy dream.

i'm at a party with some people. half the people are naked. it said on your invitation whether or not you were supposed to come naked. i was wearing clothes. everyone is chilling out talking to people, eating food, drinking wine. i sit in a corner wondering why i've been invited and who actually thinks up a half-your-guests-are-naked-the-other-half-aren't party and then gets people to show up.
finally, the lady that i think is the hostess (she's clothed) comes up to me and asks me if i want to go to the store to get some milk for the party before it closes. i jump at the opportunity. i'll even take my car i explain to her. she hands me a fiver and gives me directions to the honey farms. i get in my car and drive away. trying to follow her instructions means i have to go down a one way the wrong way.
so i do.
i pull up to the convenience store just in time to see the guy shut off the lights and lock the door. i'm pissed.
i grab a mountain bike that was in my trunk and start biking towards the supermarket across the street (don't ask why i didn't take my car, i don't know). i go into the grocery store, but now it's an l.l. bean store. i wander around wondering if they have milk somewhere on display, but they don't.
so i hop back on my bike and start biking around the town stopping at various stores, but none of them are open. i'm getting worried, cuz it's starting to get late. finally, i find this little convenience store that is open in the middle a cemetary. they have milk. for $4.99 a gallon. i'm not impressed by them trying to rip me off, but i pay the money.
then i realize that i have no idea where i am. i ask for directions back to the party. i'm told that i'm in the next town over and i have over 20 miles to bike back. this doesn't faze me. i'm worried about hte milk getting warm before i get back and whether or not the hostess will be pissed the milk cost $4.99.
i step outside, notice that the sun is starting to rise and jump on my bike and start heading in the direction i was told to go--east.
i pull up to rest at a stoplight and look over to see two chinese women in my car.
they were stealing it.
i jump on the hood my car and start yelling at them. finally they get out of my car and i head back towards the party.

then i wake up.

i never found out if the hostess was pissed about the expensive milk showing up the next morning.
i'm quite curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment