8.22.2004

i hope my feet don't fail me now

meeting someone new always brings me a slight anxiety. is this person cool? are we going to relate on anything? do i want them in my circle of friends or do i need to drop this kid like a lit firecracker?

but then you have "the conversation." the one where you find that point that you both totally agree upon; you realize that your worldview, your experiences--hell, maybe even your goals--are all similiar enough that you become relieved that this person has entered your corner of earth.

it is even better when you have "the conversation" with established friends. when you re-enforce those bonds that brought you together in the first place. you renew that feeling when everything was the shit in your friendship. before the little tics and habits that constantly piss you off, but you always let them slide because you think, no--you know, that there is a love that only you and your boys can possess.

this ain't romantic love or family love. these are your boys. even if they move out of state or jobs and lifestyles keep you apart, you can always carry your certainty that it's just a phone call to their help if you need it.

some of my boys have moved on, i live with some of my boys, i've picked a couple new ones on my way. my words are not coming anywhere close enough to do the feeling of friendship justice.

but if you are reading this and you understand where i am coming from, then more power to you. at 23, i have friends i've had for half my life and i've had friends for a few months. i just hope some of them need me for the rest of my life the way i'll need them. because, buddy, blessed are those with friends and blessed are the friends.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, how do I email you? I've got a great story for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. man i used to know some people that were pretty cool in particular one girl who i actually loved, it turns out that i really haven't known anything for a while, ive kinda receded into this pit where i like to chill, i talk to myself a lot, even more than i use to, and i still feel like no matter how many friends ill ever make, ill end up making them hate me, i think its my destiny in life, i used to not believe in fate and all that, but maybe its true that you cant always get what you want or need, life is as fucked up or as beautiful as we make it, anyway ima be fucked up for a while, so ana, i still love you; as for everyone else:Marrissa, Seth, Eustice, Poola, Marshall, Jen, i love yall too but not as much

    ReplyDelete