8.08.2004

the twins played 18 innings and only got one loss.

well, i just got back to my parent's after spending the whole weekend with my extended family.

just a few quick notes:
1. too many members of my family listen to country music. the problem i have with country music (and i think pop music) is that it is too narrative. not enough imagery and analogies and lyrics that make no sense. country music is too straight forward for my style.

2. too many members of my family watch nascar. and by too many, i mean more than zero.

3. i never get to see my little cousins enough. the joy of trying to find your hat that 3 of them are hiding on you is a joy that everyone needs in their life. so is playing the "pick me up and let's go tap the big people on the head" game. the only equipment you need for that one is a 4 year old.

4. trying to do family pictures with 20+ in the picture is near impossible.

5. i wish i could come home more.

qotd: "they kept telling me that you moved back to hibbing and that you're an alcoholic...i told them you probably did that out in wooster."--my sister katie.

1 comment:

  1. well, o'hare is the cancer tumor of airports... slowly disturbing the happy routes of aircraft everywhere...

    its so damn annoying to go through there, i avoid it whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete