8.05.2004

I need a hero

I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the end of the night
He’s gotta be strong
And he’s gotta be fast
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life

bonnie tyler's lyrics hold true today just as they did back in the 80s.
a short list of my heroes is as follows (and by heroes i more mean people that have really fucking cool lifestyles that while a) they help society out in some manner they also b) make a ton of money):

john stewart--the host of the daily show is one of my favorite people. his job is to be sarcastic about the news and then interview celebrities and pundits and authors and politicians and make fun of them.

jack black--he has musical talent, which i have none of. he acts in movies, which i could if discovered, and he just keeps on rocking. he's funny all the time. subtract the enormous amounts of coke that he snorts, and his life is pretty cake.

molly ivins--she's a syndicated columnist (the most bullshit job in the history of employment) that i find to be very intelligent. while quite the liberal, she does make some good points and i usually find her arguments against conservatives at least well constructed unlike some of her counterparts that i also find on the editoral page.

lotd: this land
qotd: "king kong ain't got nothing on me!"-- b-rad from malibu's most wanted

2 comments:

  1. This is for Garth, a man who left quite an impact on my life. He was my first love and will always have a piece of my heart. We had great times and pernicious times but, I was never fully there. mentally and emotionally I kept him out,kept me back from knowing him. I'm so sorry, sorry for it all, all the pain I caused. I never meant to hurt you,to make you feel differently towards me. Forgive me as I forgive you for all the wrong you had done. I wish we could have had more time. More time to really get to know each other, with all the shit we've been through behind us. I think about you everyday and wish you were here,to just be HERE. I miss you,I love you and will never forgot you. Rest in peace. Garth Rutledge 1978-2004

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just wondering in regards to the comment on Garth, if anyone knows where he was buried, or if he was cremated or what. I was a friend of his and I would like to know where he is.

    kat7953@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete