6.17.2002

so when i look out my window at work i see a blimp. a hood milk blimp. why? i have no clue. but i like it.

now, wendy's is the greatest fast food restaurant in the entire world. junior bacon cheeseburger. chicken nuggets. with honey mustard sauce. a medium dr. pepper. a small frosty. these each cost just 99 cents. what wonderous bliss this is! now, i've always wanted to have breakfast at wendy's. well, in ocean city, MD, my dream has been realized. they have a breakfast menu there. but i was under the impression that wendy's didn't have breakfast, so we showed up after they were serving breakfast. story of my life. right place, just wrong time.

i hate townies. these are the people that graduate highschool, find some shitty job at the tourist trap in town, and then bounce from meaningless job to meaningless job while having their girlfriends shoot out illegitimate kid after illegitimate kid. and they don't realize that their lives have no meaning and no direction. and they are happy with this. and they hate the tourists that come in and spend the money that let them keep their jobs at the skeeball place on the boardwalk. i hate townies. i think i hate townies cuz of the resentment they show to the people that come into town and to their peers that get out and make it on their own. i have no qualms about returning to your hometown to live or raise a family, i'm against never leaving. life exists beyond the few miles that encircle your hometown. and they usually like to wear abercrombie. and i have a few opinions about that franchise. but i don't have enough room here to expound.

i'm going home on thursday. i haven't been home since christmas. this is my 4th time home since beginning of sophmore year. (if you don't know it, Hibbing, MN is my home) my mom hates it that i don't come home that much, and that i'm probably going to end up on the east coast for life. she also hates it that i don't call that often or that i email her only once a week or so. my dad just doesn't say these things to me, but i know he's thinking them. he's always been the kind to not show his emotions that much. the only thing i hate about going home is the inevitable time when my mom will ask "so why'd you take time off of school?" or "how are the credit cards?". my dad won't ask, cuz that's the way he is, he'll just ask mom to broach the subject. i don't know how to tell them without sounding like an ungrateful son that i don't want their help. i know i've fucked up. i know i racked up a few thousand in credit card debt. i know i dropped out of school cuz i was close to failing out cuz i stopped caring. i know all this. i just don't want to have to explain it to them. i think it's cuz i feel ashamed. my parents taught me better. and i love my parents. they can be funny, sensitive, cool, and authoritative all in a single day. but i just feel that the last couple years of my life have been kind of empty and worthless and i don't want to tell them that i've wasted all the potential they taught me how to utilize. i don't mind screwing up school and money and girls in front of my friends, but with my parents, i just feel that i'm being a son they can be proud of. i do not want to forget the face of my father.

in other news, steffie and muck hung out tonight. a whole bunch of us watched jeepers creepers. i recommend to never watch this movie. then we sat around and bullshitted for a couple more hours. talking about nothing at all may just be the most enjoyable thing to do with friends, i think.

i tried to see if ebay had any riot or SWAT gear for sale. they did have a riot helmet, but it went out of my price range. quite the shame. i love ebay. i think i'm going to end up spending a lot of money there now that i've gotten an ID and set up a paypal account and all that jazz. i get excited just thinking about buying completely useless junk on ebay. this is my consumerism showing through loud and clear. i don't buy home entertainment systems, pimp out my car, or buy clothes. my shopping outlet is going to be ebay. God bless the internet.

Lord of the Rings DVD comes out on August 6th. I will own it the day it comes out. my God, what a glorious movie. the 3rd season of Star Trek: Next Generation is also out on DVD, but each season costs about $100. it is 7 DVDs, but that is still a lot more money than i want to spend. someday, though.

"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment