4.08.2003

shayahteen

my dreams go in cycles. for awhile, i don't remember my dreams. a couple weeks later, i have really wacked out dreams. now, i'm in the stage of my dream progression that i call "hyper-real" dreams.
they are so real that i sometimes have a hard time deciding if the memories are real or just my dream memories. they are usually just a bit off that i can discern that they are dreams. like, my friends from home are in worcester, my college friends are at my grandparent's house, i'm in class. that sort of thing. but nothing weird is happening in the dreams and it usually the stuff that happens is normal everyday stuff i do anyway, so it's really confusing.
like the other day, i had a dream about sewer party not being finished and we were at my grandparent's house. i woke up, realized it was a dream, and went back to sleep. i then had another dream where i talked to people about my first dream. i recalled my dream in a dream! that just amazes me. it also bothers me a bit.
did my brain recall my first dream as a real memory for my second dream, or does my brain really know that it was just a dream memory? if your memories are the basis of your experience, are dream memories real experiences? how does that stuff work? i don't know, but it intrigues me. because if all you have to know you are alive are your memories of your experiences, then how are dream memories different? aren't those experiences real and valid then? or are there levels to the significance of memories? like conscious memories are the only valid ones. but then how do you differentiate between conscious and dream memories? then what about hallucinogens? are the experiences you remember on lsd or mushrooms real? if you assume they were real for you and that makes them valid, what about an objective reality?
does anything exist that isn't in your brain full of memories? that's a dangerous proposition and solipsism is not something i condone. unless of course it is true, and i am the only one that exists.

i oppose daylight savings time. i think it basically a waste of time. (haha. waste of time!). the hour of sunlight shifted to the evening doesn't do anything for me. whoopity-freakin-doo. i don't really have much an argument against daylight savings time. i just don't like it.
i always thought that benjamin franklin started daylight savings time. but did you know that we didn't even adopt a standard time in this country til 1918? and daylight savings time wasn't even a national phenomenon til 1966? it's only been around for 37 years! i thought it was around for like 200 years. i feel so disillusioned.
that's why i signed the petition at this site.

this is why i hate greenpeace and will never support it.

art is what you make of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment